Saturday 26 September 2009

Tough

Last night, the hard side of being out there as an artist hit home. As I sat there at 2am then 3, then 4 before I finally went in search of something to ease what even meditation/contemplation couldn't shift - a cup of camomille tea and a small glass of wine - I decided that this too is part of the journey, and needed to be told. Sometimes it becomes so scary, this creative and financial knife's edge I walk on a daily basis, that I feel like I have to give up. But then I think about what then....this is who/what I am. I refuse to quit when it would trivialize every sacrifice I've made to get to this point! Fear not, we all hit this, and more often than we like to admit. And I always, always manage to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and picking up the brush loaded with paint again.

No comments:

Post a Comment