Tuesday 20 January 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I've had my nose to the proverbial grindstone lately.... working on a new painting that will hopefully be accepted by my clients for at least part of the commission.  Its finished, I think.  This is always the point where I have to make a second leap.... the first being the start of a painting.... that the picture has resolved itself, regardless how much or how little paint is on the canvas.  And then, the third leap - at least in this case, because this is a very wide-open commission I'm working on - is waiting to see if the clients like or dislike, alot or a little, the paintings. (Usually, my clients approve sketches before I even put paint to canvas, so that I'm sure they'll love the end result! In this case, they liked the general idea, and yet, I had to make a leap to keep working - highly unusual in my usually very controlled commission work!) I'm at the point where I'll soon find out if the commission is resolving itself, is resolved, or if I need to re-attack the 'problem'!  So much of being an artist, for me, is patience, and waiting.....  So here are the two main pieces, and soon, we'll know if I'm done, nearly done, or have more work.
Calf Team Roping at 4 Flags, 36 x 48 in., oil on canvas, £4,000

Crider's No. 2, WAT 2014, 36 x 48 in., oil on canvas, £4,000

No comments:

Post a Comment