Sunday 3 December 2017

EXHAUSTION!!

First of all, I'm having a studio sale.....last time was 2008.  I'm offering 30% off anything in my website: www.gailwendorf.co.uk ,  which will NOT include framing, but will include shipping anywhere.  The page titled F. Wendorf Estate is NOT included in the sale.  For any information re the sale, pricing or the F. Wendorf Estate, please notify me directly gail.wendorf3@gmail.com  or thru my website so that I can apply the discount, rather than thru the website at this time. 

That done, now talking about exhaustion....  Since returning from France and Scotland in mid-September, I have been solidly focusing on getting my old adobe casita and studio occupiable so that I can once again paint!  I'm glad I actually am itching to paint once again!  It's been a long process to get there!  Because I don't have enough to hire labor to do the work, I'm having fun filling rooms with sand, laying floor joists, laying insulation, laying piping for the in-floor radiant heating system, filling in outside trenches (after first sifting the dirt of certain piles because it seems I live on top of an archaeological site!), and dreaming of what it will be like to occupy my home finally!

I work 7 days/week, and the level of focus is astounding - which I KNOW will translate directly to the easel once I have at least one floor down!  What is also is even more miraculous is that I still seem to have the energy to do the hard work....I was gifted with a very strong body, and its still there when I call upon it!  Incredible!  There is a race to get as much done before the single digit temps of Winter finally hit Taos....  I've two fireplaces, and electricity inside...so I think I can keep working and stay warm.  The trenches.... half full.  I'll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment